Zinc is an essential mineral. Our body does not store zinc, so just like folic acid it should be digested on a daily basis by either taking zinc supplements or eating foods high in zinc.
Zinc has so many beneficial factors for the human body and mind such as-
- It can help prevent Cancer and boost our immune system.
- Improves our cardio-vascular Health
- Boosts your Brain power and helps to treat ADHD
- It can help decrease your chances of Alzheimer's
- It helps lift your mood and decreases depression
Did you also know that..
- It helps a woman's and mans's reproductive system?
Zinc is just as important to men as it is to women. Low zinc levels in men leads to poor testosterone production and put them at risk to develop prostate cancer and infertility. So an adequate amount is needed on a daily basis.
It has also been said that can increase your libido, what is not to love about Zinc?
Now go get some in your body.
You can do this by taking zinc supplements or via your diet. Here are some food suggestions that contain high levels of zinc-
- pumpkin/squash seeds
- wheat germ
- chick peas
Nurture Antenatal x